Breakfast = ❤ Pizza = ❤
Breakfast Pizza = 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
The only thing I like to eat more than breakfast food, is pizza. So, why not combine the two?!
This recipe is cheesy, meaty, spicy, and down right delicious. The best part is soaking up the extra egg yolk with the crust.
[scroll to bottom for full recipe]
Start by preheating your oven to 425 degrees. Next, prepare your pizza crust. I used Betty Crocker pizza crust mix – all you have to do is at 1/2 cup of hot water and mix. Then, set aside for 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prep the toppings. You can use any toppings you like. I wanted to load mine with veggies and meat. I used Canadian bacon, bacon, chicken sausage, red and yellow peppers, red onion, and tomatoes.
I like Al Fresco spicy jalapeno chicken sausage. Before cooking over med-hi heat, remove casing from the sausage. Cook for 5-7 minutes, crumbling the sausage while you cook.
Next, cook the bacon (I cooked mine in the microwave for ease but you can also cook over the stove or in the oven).
Prep the veggies: slice 1/2 red onion, thinly slice 1/2 yellow pepper and 1/2 red pepper (you can use any variety of peppers that you like), and half the tomatoes.
Generously sprinkle a pizza pan with flour. Gently spread the pizza dough over the pan working from the inside to the outside of the pan.
Top the crust with mozzarella and colby jack cheeses. Add Canadian bacon and chicken sausage.
Add vegetables and sprinkle with crushed bacon.
Bake in preheated oven for 3 minutes.
Remove from oven and carefully crack four eggs on top of the pizza. Cook 10 – 15 more minutes or until eggs are white and crust is golden brown (mine took 13 minutes to cook).
Gently brush crust with melted butter. Sprinkle parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes over pizza.
Note: I used a very small amount of s&p and garlic powder. When I added these spices to the pizza I targeted the egg portion of the pizza.
Cool for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving!
1 package pizza crust (I used Betty Crocker pizza crust mix – just add water)
1/4 cup pizza sauce or pasta sauce
1 package Al Fresco spicy jalapeno chicken sausage
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
6-8 slices Canadian bacon
4-6 strips bacon, cooked
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow pepper, sliced
6-7 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
red pepper flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare pizza crust, set aside
- Remove casing from chicken sausage, cook in medium pan over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken sausage cooks, prep the vegetables. Wash and slice onion, red and yellow pepper, and tomatoes.
- Generously sprinkle a pizza pan with flour. Gently spread pizza crust over the entire pan. Top with pizza or pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle cheeses over sauce and top with Canadian bacon, onions, peppers, tomatoes, chicken sausage, and bacon.
- Bake in over for 3 minutes
- Remove from oven and gently crack the eggs on top of the pizza. Cook 10 – 15 more minutes or until eggs are white and crust is golden brown.
- Once pizza is cooked, brush melted butter around the crust, top with parmesan cheese, s&p, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Serve hot, enjoy!